Thursday, November 10, 2005

My Mom....and My Mess...!!!

I hate it when someone cleans my room. This is because I do not believe that my room is in a mess. I honestly believe that the idea of the "mess" as we know it, is incorrect. A mess is something that hampers productivity or obstructs the goal that you are working towards.

Thus, my room is NOT a mess. It is merely "a collection of asymetrical, randomly arranged clusters of assorted objects, wherein the place of each object is duly known to the user i.e. me"

The fact that there is paper scattered all over my room does not hamper my productivity; I know exactly what papers are in what stack and can even guess as to where in the stack they are. When someone piles all the paper up into one single bunch, now THATS a mess right there because suddenly my productivity has been hampered.

Besides, what is this loathing for asymmetry? Someone went and judged that only things arranged perpendicular or parallel to one another are "organized" and anything arranged assymetrically, without any seeming order, is a mess. I beg to differ. My clusters might be asymetrical but I know how they work. There is a method to the madness. What law states that order and organization are denoted only by rigid, perfectly arranged piles of paper?

I'll have you know I object.

4 Comments:

Blogger K said...

Reminds me of a quote i heard somewhere....
'Dont criticize my mess unless you want to be a part of it'

7:33 PM  
Blogger Rahul said...

hehehe... so much for technical interpretation of ur room

7:04 PM  
Blogger Triya said...

I agree... My mess is very organized too... atleast in my mind... :-S

So howz u been?

12:41 PM  
Blogger Myndfcukd said...

An organised place is a sure sign of senility.

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home