Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Whoz ur Daddyyy...!!!

Over the last few months, perhaps years even, I have been asked one single question by many different people... The non-stop recurrence of this question left me wondering about it's nature. Either it is a question of earth-shattering and possibly world-altering significance that I have completely missed the boat on, like that other question, "Who moved my cheese?" to which the answer of course is "You're a twat". Or it is some sort of new cultural fad, an incorporation into the lingo of the young and clued-in of this generation, the last generation and possibly many generations to come, if the diverse age group of people asking me this question is to be taken as evidence. The question in question is deceptively simple:

Who's your Daddy?

When I politely told the first person who asked me this my father's name, he seemed amused and openly dismissive of my answer. I was further puzzled when he told me that Iron Maiden was, in fact, my daddy.

It was then that I realized that being a father has nothing to do with lending seed to the creation of a being. A person and now even an object can be my daddy merely because it is "cool". Thus, something is your daddy if it extends a powerful authority over you. I realize that I missed this concept and question entirely simply because my REAL daddy is the world's most chilled out person and has never felt the need to stand with his foot on my neck and exercise authority so to speak.

Thus, anyway, because I am seized by the urge to now contribute to the cultural lexicon of my generation, I must look inwards and ask myself this all-important question.

WHO oh who, is your Daddy?


The answers are many. Take what you will... and add to them if you wish.

Douglas Adams is your daddy.

South Park is your daddy.

Movies are your daddy.

The underground servers at IIT are your daddy.

Stephen King is your daddy.

Paneer rolls at roll call are your daddy.

Beer is your daddy.

The iPod is your daddy.

Adam Gilchrist is your daddy.

Arthur C Clarke is your daddy.

Michael Jordan is your daddy.

30 minutes of solid jogging is your daddy.

Love is your daddy.

Gooey chocolate cake is your daddy.

A Film magazine is your daddy.

Blog’in is your daddy.

Orkut is your daddy.

"Bhutta" on Tankbund in the rains is your daddy.

Lightsabers are your daddy.

Hyderabadi biryani is your daddy.

Blogging at 1 a.m is your daddy.

Rajnikanth is your daddy.

The Almost Famous OST is your daddy.

Jackie Chan is your daddy.

Maggie Cheung is your daddy.

Soooo... who's your Daddy?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cha........ " who is ur daddy na " ra chepta .......... ikkada ma campus lo andaru prof's daddies ee .... no fikar......

vijay

11:04 PM  
Blogger Rahul said...

Nice one daddy :)

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home