Thursday, January 20, 2005

The world as today....

An actual conversation I heard today while getting a drink at the college cafeteria.

Guy #1: "Hey man! Did you do the book review?! I copy pasted the whole thing from the internet. I wrote about 30 percent on my own"

Guy #2: (looking ashamed of his friend): "HA! You wrote on your own! What a guy. My whole thing is copy-pasted! Start to finish! HA HA!"

Guy #1 now feels extremely threatened. His status as a ignorant boor is under threat because he made the effort to write some stuff on his own.

Guy #1: "HA HA man, Actually, even that 30 percent was copied from another site man. HA HA!"

Guy #2: "HA HA"

Sigh... Is it just me or is it frightening that each of them actually wanted to prove that they were the lazier, more incapable of independent thought than the other? That each of them took pride in being incapable of having their own original opinions on a simple book?

Sigh... today I have seen this world's future my friends... is the apocalypse clearly cometh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sameera said...

lol

i hope they are not ur friends :p

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home